PRONOVA U.N. MEHTA STUDY - Short term and Intermediate Results of Pronova
HS Joshi, SI Dani, JS Prajapati, SR Jain , SS Tiwari, SB Ghosh , MG Pandaya , AS Agarwal , K Sharma , JM Shah, HJ Shah
UN Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre Ahemdabad
Indian Heart Journal 2004
The aim of this study was to evaluate short and midterm results of Pronova Sirolimus Eluting Stent .
- A total of 54 stents were implanted in 48 patients.
- 51.8 % (28 Males) and 48.2 % (20 Females).
- 14 patients had previous MI, 11 were diabetic, 18 were hypertensive, and 16 were smokers.
- 42 patients had single vessel disease and 6 had double vessel disease.
- The mean lesion length was 23.7 mm.
- Mean vessel size was 3.08 mm.
- 2.5 mm diameter stents were implanted in 10 patients , 3 mm diameter in 24 patients and 3.5 mm in 14 patients ,
lengths ranging from 13 to 38 mm.
- 39 stents were deployed in Left anterior descending artery –(LAD).
- 8 stents in left circumflex artery – (LCX).
- 7 stents in right coronary artery – (RCA).
- 25 patients received glycoprotein (Gp) IIb/IIIa inhibitors.
- No in hospital events were seen.
- 26 patients underwent check angiography follow up and only 2 patients had in stent restenosis requiring repeat
- There was no mortality.
Pronova stent has promising acute and intermediate results.
© 2016 Vascular Concept. All Rights Reserved